Skip to main content

Our Earth Hour

We did it last year - but it was at my mother's place, so we couldn't really switched off all lights because my mother was so restless. This year I was prepared. At 8pm yesterday, I started making tuna mayo sandwiches and hot tea, and took out tealight candles and arranged them at the pond. That made Aliyah so excited.

At exactly 8.30pm Hubby switched off all lights. We sat at the patio, had our dinner with candles around. But we were not in total darkness. There is a road light next to out house, so we were very well lighted. We talked and kind of played at the garden. It felt a bit different being under lesser light but I guess we were in high spirit for supporting the Earth Hour.

Aliyah now is aware of the event and why it is organised. And me, I have always been a little bit environmental-conscious. I collect aluminum cans and plastics, and give them to my father who will sell them off to those lorries that buy such stuff. (And father will give me back those few ringgits he got from selling those stuff which I will collect and bank-in into Aliyah's bank account.) More often than not, leftovers become compost. We also don't use pesticides at the garden but the organic kind. And I am very strict about electricity - must switch off the those that are not necessary. We try to save the earth the ways we can, even though the effort is really passable.
Our picnic food we had at the patio...
Our Earth Hour...

Comments