Skip to main content

Kuantan from Another Perspective

We came back last night and we are still very tired. Spent 4 days and 3 nights at Kuantan Tembeling Resort - at an apartment. We managed to get very good price as our client helped make the booking. Previously, my trips to Kuantan have always been about work. This time around, work + time off. But then, Aliyah was not so well. She developed a fever before we went and was still under medication while we were there.

As for me, it was a good rest. I managed to catch up on my sleep, got to watch TV (I even managed to watch Private Practice!), and work but at a slower pace. The place was supposed to have Wifi but (as usual), line was down. So, for the first time in many many months, I was not connected! Oh my, the first day was horrible - I had to supervise this documentations for an RFQ and doing it over the phone was quite difficult. Then I got so restless. I kept walking all over the apartment, flipped the TV channels, sat mourning at the balcony... I need the Internet! By the 2nd day, I was OK and then surprisingly, it was a bliss! Not being connected suddenly lifts this burden off my shoulders.

Meanwhile, Hubby had to work - those full 4 days. He would buy us breakfast, go to work at 9am, and come back to take us for lunch. Then depends, sometimes we would follow him out and got him to drop us at the East Coast Mall where Mommy and daughter spend the time window-shopping, while Abah go for his meetings (kesian dia...). At times, we would simply stay in and wait for the weather to cool down a bit before going for a swim. Bliss... How I wish we can have that kind of life! At one point we did discussed - let's get a couple more projects in Kuantan, rent the place for a month. Just for a change of air.
View of the pool and jacuzzi from our balcony. It was a nice place but a bit run down. Lots of wood structures that can benefit from a coat of varnish. Our one-room apartment has a living room and kitchen, with a huge bedroom. There are 2 TVs - so I can watch my show while Aliyah can watch hers in the bedroom. If only the management can maintain the place a bit, then the place would be excellent.
Pool is huge. I did manage to get some exercise.

We adventured to the beach - quite a long way down the hill. But the beach is quite isolated and can be a bit scary. The climb up was a real challenge.
The place is very near to a mini zoo. On the 2nd day we went to check it out. You can see Hubby still in his work shirt. Those are eagles in the cage. I saw one of those at the top of a tree near our apartment one morning. This mini zoo was OK, but it lacks one very important feature - info on the animals. At least have a small note on the name of the animal would be good.
Aliyah even managed to get a horse ride.
We went to Teluk Chempedak beach a few times. On the last day, after check out, we had lunch and right after, Hubby went for his meeting. So, Mommy and daughter explored the place - we went up this wood bridge, checked out the souvenir stalls, picked up seashells, simply breathed in the sea air and watch the huge rolling waves... and finally went to McDonalds for ice cream and the Internet. Sigh... can't live without it.

Comments