Skip to main content

Ending the Year with a Blast!

Our little family was having breakfast of roti canai at Haji Tapah this morning when I got a call from Kuantan. Remember we participated in a sebutharga sometime in August? About we got shortlisted, how we traveled up just a few days before Hari Raya (dengan penuh dugaan) for a presentation... We got the project! Yes, we got it! Alhamdulillah... After the call ended, I couldn't utter a word, my eyes went glassy. I looked at Hubby, who looked back, knew the result from my conversation and said Alhamdulillah... I could only turn to my right and kissed Aliyah very very hard.

This is the first time we got invited to participate in an open RFQ and we nailed it. The journey was full of obstacles - we are small so we couldn't spend on prototype - what we demo was actually our own website, the designer ditched us the night before submission date so we modified the design on our own using Powerpoint... And on presentation day, we were against an ICT giant - my ex-employer.

This is such good news on the very last day of the year. It was a truly colourful year. Full of ups and downs. Laughter and tears. Happiness and sorrow. I pray for a prosperous 2010 in a few hours' time. Insyaallah...

Happy new year to you. God bless.

Comments

bahaman said…
congrats, all the problems encountered makes it even sweeter. hope you will be a giant too (in ICT, not physically) starting 2010. DK senyum lebar kot, mesti expecting bonus besar.....

happy new year to you and family.
Aniza said…
Thank you Bahaman. We missed you! Where have you been? Hope everything is well with you :)
I'm not so ambitious, so being a giant is not really my aim, but a little bit bigger than now and driving the new Volvo S40 would be nice :) Hehehee... (or Volvo XC90, or Peugeot 308, or... sigh, I'm now contented with my trusted little Viva).
You have been around for me during my ups and downs, sharing my happiness and sorrow, even though I don't really know you in person.
Happy new year. God bless you and your family always.