Skip to main content

Lost of a Tiny Thingy

After a week after getting her ears pierced, I got Aliyah to choose any of my earrings for her to put on. She chose my little white gold earrings with teeny weeny diamonds. It was a birthday gift from Hubby a few years ago. She wore it for a few days, including the picnic day. She was so proud and told me she also likes white gold just like Mommy.

Yesterday, back from the picnic we found that she had lost the stopper of one of the earrings. I told her it's OK, and got her to wear my silver danglings. But I think she saw I was a bit sad for losing the stopper. It was a birthday gift after all. Last night when I tucked her in bed, she kissed me and told me she's so sorry for losing the stopper. She looked so guilty and close to tears. I told her again it's OK, I can try wearing them with other stoppers. "Tapi tu birthday present Mommy...," she said. "Tak apa...," I said.

You should see that look on her face. The regret and guilt.

Comments