Skip to main content

Grilled Steak & Potatoes

A few weeks ago, we bought beef fillets which I marinated and got Hubby to grill. He's a first-timer at the grill. And so excited. But the end result was so-so. The beef was overcooked so it was like eating daging bakar which is excellent if it were to be served with air asam :)

Anyway, we tried again yesterday. We bought the fillets last Sunday which I immediately marinated and freeze. Last night I cooked my usual roasted chicken (Aliyah is not into beef), roasted potatoes (saw Jamie Oliver's version - half-boil, penyek-penyekkan sikit then roast), carrots and mushrooms. The potatoes turned out nice but not as crispy because 1) I didn't dare put too much oil and butter as shown on TV and 2) cooking time not long enough. Hubby grilled the beef to perfection - medium well. It took hours to get rid of the nice grilled beef with garlic and rosemary smell throughout the house!
My plate...
The medium well beef...
What's left of the chicken and potatoes...

Comments