Skip to main content

Sorry, We Are Not Going Anywhere

Dear Airasia,
Thank you for sending me those emails and SMSes on your current promotions. I have been receiving them almost daily now. I once received an SMS at almost midnight I was so worried it might be an emergency.

I appreciate you giving me humongous airfare discounts - cheaper than free - good one. And the airfare to Bali at RM69 I must say is really really tempting. If only I can grab those and fly off to the magical island with Hubby for our second honeymoon.

However, I regret to say that we are going no where and have to decline the offer. I hope you are aware that there is this deadly virus called H1N1 spreading around like wild fire now all over the world. People are infected by the thousands and the death toll is climbing. The last thing I wish to do is to sit in the confined small space of an aircraft for hours fearing for my life and then taking a vacation with a mask covering my nose and mouth. You know, I fear H1N1 more that I fear your airplane going down and breaking into pieces.

So, please stop sending me emails and SMSes of your offers because, seriously, I am not interested. Try sending me those, maybe in 6 months' time. Perhaps by then our scientists have found a vaccine and get everybody in this world jabbed.

Comments