Skip to main content

Goodies Given to the Kids

Just some stories of the event on 8 August. It was a hot day. The kids from Nurhikmah came a bit late. They straight away went into the surau for a motivation talk. Aliyah and her cousin Nurul joined the talk too and they excitedly showed me some of the activities they did.

The kids then had lunch and during that time, we distributed the goodie bags. There were a few extra bags and they were given to some other kids who came to the surau. There was this one girl from the home named Amira whom my brother and sister-in-law fancy. A few years ago, they surfed Nurhikmah website and fell in love with this very cute little whose face was at the homepage. The next day, they went to the home to make some donations and they actually met the girl at the door - the very same pose she had on the website. Last Saturday, my brother pointed the girl to me. She's 7 years old now, still very cute.
That's her in green tudung having lunch. Her plate was full of huge heaps of nasi minyak with some other lauk including a huge tulang the size of 2 fists. I suspect my brother personally got the plate for her.

Meeting the kids was a privilege. So young but without either a parent or both parents. Makes me feel really thankful for what I have and what both of us as parents now provide for our daughter.

Comments