Skip to main content

Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince

My little family watched Harry Potter 6 last Saturday afternoon. If you ask me, I think it is one of the best so far. Some people say it's quite boring. But you need to read the book. I appreciate the journeys back via the Pensieve, the spectacular view from the tower, etc. And Professor Slughorn - exceeds expectations. He was so so good. That blurry look at times with the little grins are so brilliant. And the dejected look he gave Harry before he gave his memory was so powerful you can feel how sorry he was to be the one giving info about the Horcrux that led to the demise of his favourite student.

I already told Aliyah the storyline - during my bedtime stories. She knows Dumbledore will die. But the shock of it did affect her. She said she did cry a little and she was still sad when we went back home. She said Dumbledore was a great headmaster and wizard. Oh wow... deep.

Anyway, there were a few girls sitting in front seats who laughed so loud during the funny scenes. And when Dumbledore died, I could hear them cry and sob.

The final book is shorter but with more storylines. I can't imagine how the movie makers try to compress all in one movie.

Comments