Skip to main content

Beef Stew

We had dinner at Secret Recipe yesterday. Aliyah suddenly had a crave for chicken lasagna. Hubby usually doesn't have much choice at Secret Recipe, but then there's a new menu - Beef Stew - so he ordered that. And nampak dia makan dengan yummy nya. Today, I came back from work with beef stew in mind - to cook, of course.

I'm "closing" my kitchen this week. Need to clean and pack, so no more cooking. Beef stew seems the best choice since I have two fist-size frozen beef in my freezer and not much fresh vege. I searched for the recipe but I don't have some of the ingredients ie worcestershire sauce and bay leaves. So, I invented my own - throw in some other herbs, potatoes and carrots, and I'm quite pleased with the result. Aliyah and Hubby kata sedap. Heh, heh... That's my last cooking in this kitchen. My next one insyaallah will be at the new kitchen. (Sayangnya nak kotor kan...)
My beef stew simmering in the pot

Here's my very own beef stew recipe:
- chunks of beef coated in flour
- black pepper
- rosemary
- parsley
- chunks of potatoes and carrots
- three garlic & one huge onion - chopped
- olive oil

Brown the beef chunks in some olive oil. Add garlic, onions, black pepper and rosemary. Then add some water. Simmer (stew is supposed to be cooked for hours, but of course I didn't have the time so high heat) till the beef is really tender. Add the potatoes and carrots. Lastly add parsley and some salt (and more black pepper). Serve the stew with rice or mashed potatoes or fries.

Comments

bahaman said…
why do i read your entry dekat2 lunch ni. meleleh air liur.
Aniza said…
tu baru baca. belum bau dan makan lagi! heh heh..