Skip to main content

Things I Look Forward to After 6pm

At the end of a business day, where I have pre-set my phone alarm at 6pm daily ( in case I got carried away with my work, lost track of the time and got late to fetch my daughter from school which did happen once or twice), these are the things I look forward to:

1. The sight of a squirrel. My drive to fetch Aliyah from school takes me to the winding roads of UKM's hutan simpan. I just love catching the sight of a squirrel, usually one would run across the electric cable to the other side of the road. Squirrels are cute and fast with bushy tail. The sight of one can cheer me up.

2. I always wait for Aliyah at the school main gate. I look forward to catch the sight of my niece, Wani, amongst the school children. She always waves to me and mouth - "Bye Mammy!", gives me her most beautiful smile, and then runs to her school van. I love catching that beautiful smile.

3. Aliyah always have this worried face every time she comes down from her classroom. I always try to look for her and watch how she searches around for me from afar, and the moment she caught sight of me, she would give her cheeky grin. And when she reaches me, she would give me a hug and expect me to help with her heavy school bag. We would hold hands, walk to the car and all the way she would be animatedly telling me the stuff she did at school.

4. I usually goes back to an empty house. Hubby seldom gets home before Maghrib with the traffic jam and all. I look forward to the sound of hubby opening the door with his keys. Then I know that we are all together safely back at home.

Comments