Skip to main content

Our House Renovation Has Started

Finally, it started. Even though our refinancing process is still in progress, the work has started. Thanks to my nephew Miqdam, the contractor, yang bermurah hati untuk meng-finance it for the time being until we have the money plus my own money yang I always simpan with my eldest brother that he will use whenever he needs project financing. That's an excellent investment. My brother uses that money on average 3-4 times a year for his projects and I get about 10% profit from financing his projects. At the last count, I actually have about RM15K stashed with him. And that was from a humble start of just RM200 years ago! Good huh?

Anyway, both of us are now busy - last week scouting for the best quotation for the kichen cabinet. And this morning, we surveyed tiles, and kitchen and bathroom accessories. Sangatlah penatnya.

The house is in real mess now which will turn really ugly in the next few weeks. Hopefully, it will, at the end of April insyaallah, turn out to be the dream home for both of us and Aliyah. We might not have enough money to do everything we wanted, but slowly and surely we will...

So far, Miqdam has no complaints about us (hopefully). With me the level-headed, practical and cool one, and the one who's handling the finances; with hubby the ambitious, creative and sensible one, the one I always need to take down back to earth and gently remind him of our constraints, it's going to be a journey and adventure...

Comments