Skip to main content

At Home with Aliyah

I'm working from home today. Aliyah demam since yesterday. Hubby took care of her yesterday because I had to conduct a training. Today she's still not well. Baru je cakap pasal she's been healthy for quite some time. So, I dah masak bubur ayam for her. She's resting in front of the TV. Just now she was so determined not to take a nap I asked her to. She said, "Aliyah rehat je boleh tak?". I said, of course but lie down. 10 minutes later, she was asleep.

My company had our first training this year at The Residence @ UNITEN on 4th and 5th. Participants turn up not so good. Two people didn't show up. But it is still so early in the year anyway. As it was my 4th time conducting the same workshop, I was not too stressed out. And surprisingly, I actually managed to enjoy the food.

Our usual hotel is closed for this whole year for renovation, so we had to find another hotel that is reasonable priced, provide good service, offer good food and most importantly - does not impose room charges for participants less than 10 people. Susah gila nak cari. We finally decided on The Residence, even though at first we were not too eager on the choice. Our previous experience there was not so good - I actually mean the food. It was so-so that any other restaurants out there can easily be better.

So, this time around, we had that perception in mind, but had to conduct the training there because there's no other choice. But then, we were taken by surprised. The food there had improved tremendously. They even had Ox Steak on the first day (which I didn't try, of course) - must be CNY celebration theme. And the next day they served Sup Daging Rusa & Perut Seladang (which, again I didn't try). I conduct the training, kalau trainer collapsed sebab makan over or sakit perut, habis...

I normally don't eat much when conducting training. Selalunya sebab adrenalin push, or stress, or excitement, or simply I just don't want to get sleepy with a full stomach. But this time around, I just enjoyed the food sebab sedap. The second day I even took two servings of this seafood platter in cream and cheese sauce (I can't remember the name tapi rasa macam lasagna white cream sauce). Excellent with squid, prawns, mussels and dunno what... And it helped a lot that it's a workshop and the participants were required to do group work, so after lunch, I joined Linda and Hajar in the lounge and chatted, while my participants laboured over mahjong paper and markers. Hehehe...

We'll definitely do more trainings there.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I ambik sup daging rusa, memang sedap tapi I tak ambik perut seladang sbb tak mkn perut (tak kirala perut lembu ke, seladang ke, kerbau ke asal nama perut memang tak mkn).