Skip to main content

Makan-makan: Roasted Chicken Sandwich

Lately, dinner at our home has become a moderate affair. Moderate in the sense that no more heavy dinner like rice with various lauk. I actually have been trying to "promote" healthy food at home for quite some time, but then, my daughter as you all know is very skinny. I need to feed her well. Hubby is also in the skinny category, and him too needs to be fed well.

However, one fine day hubby came home asking if I can prepare light meals for dinner because people have started saying his stomach dah jadi "boroi". And I happily obliged. So, now rice is only like once a week, usually nasi goreng yang I like to cook extra so that hubby can bring to work the next morning for breakfast. Usually, dinner will be sandwich either egg or chicken served with fries, or hotdogs with lavish servings of salad topped with mustard and mayonaise. At times spaghetti or fried meehoon. Akak suka, akak suka, sebab all those food takes very short time to prepare. Penat balik kerja OK, and then nak kena buat housework lagi, help Aliyah with her homework lagi, sambung buat kerja lagi...

Anyway, I nak share my chicken sandwich recipe yang I belasah je buat but hubby kata sedap. I call it "Simple and Fast But Delicious Roasted Chicken Sandwich".
Take a few pieces of chicken (I usually use a quarter), after they are cleaned rub with salt and pepper, some oregano and a dash of olive oil. Microwave it. This is the fastest way to make roasted chicken. Then debone the chicken meat, chop them up and mix with mustard (just a little) and mayonaise (lavishly). Add more pepper for taste.

Spread butter on bread (or croissant), put some chicken meat, then top with salad (I like to buy those pre-packed salad like Ceasar or entah apa-apa lagi tu because there are a variety of greens and purples in there). Serve the sandwiches with fries and more salads.

Now you get yourself a yummy and healthy meal (do minus the fries and go easy on the mayo).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cik Latipah buat sandwich tak letak madu ke? He...he...he...
Aniza said…
Scene melihat gambar yang menyakitkan mata:

Labu: Kalau mata kau, macam mata aku, kau akan tau aku lah yang paling hensem sekali.
Labi: Hensem? Muka macam burung kakak tua, hensem...