Skip to main content

Birthday "Bash" for My Father

We had an unplanned birthday bash for my father yesterday. My eldest sister with her family came back - my father sembelih 3 ayam kampung+hutan which belonged to my brother-in-law. So, he came to cook ayam masak lemak cili api. My eldest brother Angah & family came for their usual weekend buka puasa. Then my little family joined the crowd. We went and bought a cake from Secret Recipe - White Chocolate & Macademia Nut cake, nicely decorated wishing my father happy 72nd birthday. I called Miqdam to join the crowd and he happily said yes especially after hearing about the cake.

So, buka time was a chaos with like almost 20 people crowding the meals. My father cut the cake and right after people seemed to forget about laksa or mee kari or murtabak. Everybody attacked the cake. Delicious. After Maghrib, Wani, who berpuasa dengan penuh cabaran sekali, at one point actually geram sangat with the cake, decided to simply cut the cake on her own and scooped it with her hands. Dah tinggal 1/4 and she decided the rest was hers.

So, my father is 72 this year, alhamdulillah still strong and healthy with brilliant mind.

Comments