Skip to main content

Be a Doer not a Whiner

This morning while waiting for Aliyah's bus, I cleaned up our mailbox of junk mails and all those plumbing and renovation call cards and also those unstoppable skim cepat kaya flyers. One of the many flyers was this PAS cawangan Serdang Merdeka edition newsletter.

I ni bukan lah nak write about anti-PAS vs pro-Government stories. It's just that what I read in that newsletter really pissed me off. There was this list of items written under the title "Merdeka kah kita?" (or something like that). So, adalah this long list of negative happenings / situations in the country. Among those which made it to the list were:
- ada 250,000 kes murtad (apakah yang kerajaan lakukan?)
- rakyat merempat di negara sendiri
- orang politik semakin kaya, rakyat semakin miskin
- and many, many more which I already forgot

My first question when I read that was - ko tanya kerajaan buat apa, tapi ko sendiri ada ke buat apa-apa? I really don't understand these people. They only whine and whine. Semua benda tak betul. Frankly, I've never read anything about PAS people doing anything about murtad cases. About rakyat merempat di negara sendiri - yang ramai merempat tu kat Kelantan tempat PAS (sorry la orang Kelantan). I ni nak bayar fidyah puasa (ops, pecah rahsia puasa tak sempat ganti habis!) tapi tak jumpa orang yang betul-betul miskin at my kampung. Yang paling miskin pun ada TV kat rumah, siap ada VCD player lagi. And just now I was buying stuff at Bintang supermarket, there was this guy kutip derma untuk buat surau kat Kelantan. Jauhnya sampai kat sini datang mintak derma.

My point is - be a doer, not a whiner. If there's something you are passionate about, then take action and do something about it. Must not question why other people are not doing anything, ask yourself whether you are doing something. Barulah ikhlas namanya.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kak, you really make Puteri Umno's day :)
Aniza said…
Haha... maybe they can hire me to write for their blog :)