Skip to main content

Peasant Blouse

If I were to be told last year that in one year's time, I'd be buying a sewing machine and merrily sewing my way away, I would have replied with a "Huh, seriously?". Now, here I am, one year later, making my very first blouse! Yup, I made a peasant blouse. It's one of the easiest blouses to sew for a beginner.

I first tried making one following the instructions to create my own pattern. Along the way I actually followed the person's measurements and ended up with an XXL size blouse. Huge. Am going to try to alter it to L size and wear it at home. Because I used a test fabric. I then painstakingly made another pattern using my own measurements, amending the original pattern, subtracting a few inches here and there and sewed the blouse in about 2 hours😊.
 Tadaaa... soft English cotton fabric. I actually found a blouse at Mango that looks very similar to this fabric a few weeks ago. When I went there last week, the blouse is no longer there. So, made my own!
Since I have a couple of meters of extra fabric, I'm offering it for sale😆. I make a new one, of course. Custom make. 

Comments