Skip to main content

The Day Before Raya

On the way nak balik Melaka, lepas singgah rumah my mother, ziarah pusara my father... Hias sikit sempena Raya :)
Rindu. Sangat rindu. 

At times like this, I feel so thankful and blessed. Allah swt has given and shaped me to be the person I am today. I do listen to people's opinions but in the end, I do what I deem fit and right. And I was so glad that in the last days of my father's life, I was there for him. I was there during his last Ramadhan, during his last Hari Raya. I was there at New Year's eve when fireworks sounded from a far, checking him in to the hospital. I was there when he spoke his last words before he lapsed into on-off coma. And I was there holding his still warm feet when he breathed his last. 

I am not the perfect daughter. I might be absent at times of need. But I pray, always, that when he last saw me that day, he forgave me for all my wrongdoings and the disappointments that I might become.

Time can never heal this sadness inside my heart. But I have no regrets.

Comments