Skip to main content

Harry Potter 8

The latest Harry Potter book is out today. For the first time since I started reading the books, I didn't grab my copy on the very day it's being launched. Should I? I don't know. Still thinking. Harry Potter is supposed to end at book 7. That's it. No matter how successful it has become, that was the promise made by JK Rowling. This new book is not a novel. It's the script of a play.

I was at MPH this afternoon and I did have a look at the book. Quite pricey at RM119 if I'm not mistaken. And yes, it's a very thick script. I read some reviews and it's supposed to be quite good. But it's not really written by JK Rowling, even though the story is based on her ideas.

I don't know whether I want to read about what happen 19 years later. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna and the rest will forever be kids/teenagers to me. In Book 8 they are adults with kids.

I'm still thinking. Should I?

Comments