Skip to main content

Really Old Stuff!

We have started going through my late father's stuff - things inside his cupboard, old bags and briefcases... And we found lots of interesting stuff. There were correspondences dated in 1955 of his appointment as a teacher posted to a school in Parit 9, Sungai Besar. He was just 20 years old then. His marriage certificate 29 Dec 1956. A small blue book called Buku Perlantikan Guru listing the schools he taught, 1966.

We even found a small receipt dated early 1982 for school fee of my youngest brother Azlan at Sek Rendah Seri Petaling, PJ. And I found a small stack of results of my days in PPP/ITM, 1989-1991. There were lots and lots of old photographs, mainly passport size ones of my father when he was younger. There was a key chain in the form of a key with the words Kyoto which my father must have bought when he visited Japan in 1980s.

So much memories. So many artifacts.
I laminated these documents. The papers were so frail and thin. I imagine these documents being typed on some bulky typewriter by "stenos" then...

Comments