Skip to main content

Aliyah's Last Day of School This Year

It's a tradition that I take Aliyah's photo on first and last day of school. Today is the last schooling day for 2014. For her at least. Esok Form 1 direhatkan. She has been enjoying school. Actually, enjoy being with her friends. So, dia agak tidak happy now that the holidays are here.

It's been a challenging year, for me as a mother, this year. Having a teenager in the house can be a pain in the neck. We started the year on shaky ground. A few times I got so frustrated that I cried. I guess, no matter how much I try to understand the new Aliyah, I got overwhelmed by other stuff that made handing a teenager such a difficult task. And on her side, I guess suddenly being a teenager with BFFs all around made her slightly arrogant. I call her treatment to me "the talk to the hand" treatment. But then, the 1st term of school holidays actually changed our relationship. When I dragged her to the shop every day, forcing her to spend time with us. I guess when she was down with dengue, she realised that listening to her sometimes-nagging mother can actually be a good thing.

Up until today we still don't know about her exams results, no report card, nothing. Secondary school is so not parents friendly lah.
Last day of school face...

Comments