Skip to main content

3 Things Minggu Ini dan Lepas

1) I finished 1Q84 last week. Finally. Read it a few months ago, then I stopped. Mainly because it's such a hassle to read in bed without my specs. After Inferno, I picked it up again, and finished the remaining 2 volumes in under 3 weeks. This is the first Haruki Murakami book that I didn't straight away read the book again after finishing it. Nak kata tak best, OK. But not too intriguing as the rest of his books. Sekarang tengah baca Norweign Woods for dunno-how-many-times. Rasa macam nak pick up Kafka on the Shore back.

And as predicted, Aliyah hasn't even touched The Hobbit!

2) Last Saturday, after I escaped from my own bedroom, went to have lunch with Aliyah at Subway, and then to Bangi Gateway. I ni kalau stress, I don't go shoes- or clothes-shopping. I go grocery shopping. After seeing Aliyah carrying 2 boxes of her favourite TGIF mozzarella cheese sticks, I thought, why not just buy something for us both to enjoy. So I picked up a lamb shank! The frozen one costed cheaper than one box of Aliyah's cheese stick! And what did I do with it? Sear it, made my own version of Nasi Arab, and put the shank in the oven to roast. Sedap. Serious!
Lepas make-up kan dia dengan spices (kurma + garam masala + salt + pepper), sear dalam olive oil dalam periuk nasi sekejap. Lepas tu masukkan air, cook for 20 minutes, remove from pot and roast. The stock is then used for the rice.

3) On Wednesday I conducted one training to our client in Bangi. After 2 years project siap, baru nak appoint someone to manage their website. The training was just for 2 people. Buat pun in a small room saja. One of the easiest trainings ever sebab run through system saja. But I am 100% sure they won't be able to do it on their own. Agak frustrating actually but it's not their fault. The work is just not something they are supposed to do anyway. So, I tunggu je la kot-kot dalam 2-3 bulan ni dia orang nak tukar apa-apa. Boleh charge! Yeay...

But then, after years of not doing training... Haiyoo... It was just a 2-hour training, tapi bila sampai balik kat kedai, terus melepek. Penat gila. Tarik tilam terus baring lelap mata. Dulu-dulu buat training 2 days in a row, standing and talking OK je. Penat la tapi still OK. Energy dah tak macam dulu!

Comments