Skip to main content

New Opportunity... But I Had To Let Go...

I selalu doa lepas solat - "semoga Allah anugerahkan rezeki dari punca yang tidak disangka-sangka...". Ada satu opportunity dari punca yang tidak disangka. Actually, not totally tak disangka lah. Just that timing tidak disangka. Salah timing pun iya juga.

Our contact yang bagi project for Hubby to do that stint in Kota Damansara last year offered him another opportunity. Hubby had to decline and the offer was passed to me. It's a consultation work for an IT project in Bukit Jalil for at least one year. Very tempting.

However, there were too many things to consider - transport (we are down to one car), Aliyah, the grant that was still pending, Aliyah, the new venture we are currently undergoing, Aliyah... Linda finally got hold of the officer handling our grant and was told that the grant will (finally) be disbursed earliest next week. We have been waiting for ages for it. Aliyah dah nak masuk sekolah menengah dah ni! The idea was first put forward when she was in Year 3!

After thinking for 2 days, I politely declined to the contact, however, opening options for free-lance writing work. I guess I am not up to such work anymore... The money is very very good. It will solve all my financial problems in just 2 months of working. But then I have 2 things in my hands now. Money is still a problem but I pray the 2 projects (the grant and the new venture) will provide us with enough to sustain and hopefully become profitable at least to match the lost opportunity. Insyaallah... most importantly, I can still be with Aliyah to start on her new journey next year.

Comments