Skip to main content

Aliyah's Results

Finally, it's results day. Both of us went to the school at 10.30am. By then, the hall was already full with parents and kids. At the front, tables were arranged with all Year 6 class teachers seated. Everybody was waiting. The results were still at the school office. Despite being skeptical, Hubby sent SMS to get Aliyah results. I think the reply never came. The MOE's SAPS portal? Down. Why bother to offer online services when you can't cope with the traffic? If you can't cope, it's actually OK but you have to be honest. Just make an announcement saying the services will be offline from what time till what time (during the peak hours - I guess from 10am-1pm) due to the server's incapability of handling very high traffic. Then resume service. By then, people should have gotten the results already. I don't know. To me honesty is much more honourable than making people use your services and not getting any results. 

Anyway, back to the hall. The headmaster along with key teachers entered at 11am. The headmaster gave an overall performance report. Aliyah's school is 8th in Hulu Langat, out of 64 schools. Good job! Percentage wise, up and downs, but number of 5As this year increased to 74. Then, students were asked to line up and get their results from their respective class teacher. I stood outside. This is really an emotional time for me. Asyik rasa nak menangis je. Just overnight I realised Aliyah is already a big girl and it's just too much for me! 

Aliyah then came out. She didn't look too comfortable. Her eyes were a bit red. She got 3As and 2Bs. I hugged and kissed her and said it's good. Hubby said she had set her own target - to get 4As. I didn't know that... But still, I think it's a good result. Because that's what I've been praying for - Ya Allah, berilah keputusan yang terbaik untuk Aliyah. And that was what she got - the best for her. I won't lie saying I didn't pray for her to get 5As, but I know my own daughter and her capabilities. I think Aliyah was a bit down because she wanted to make us proud. Yes, she does make us proud, in many, many ways. I told her - "Hey, dapat results sama macam Mommy!!". 

She was better after that, smiling and all. Right after we went to celebrate at Hj Tapah :). She spent the afternoon in her room on FB with her friends I guess. While I - I placed an order for a charm bracelet from a website I found last week. Aliyah is now crazy over charm bracelets. The bracelet I ordered is customised for her - pink & purple crystal love shape Swarovski stones with cat, key, stilettos and A&M alphabet charms. The cat - because she loves cats. The key and stilettos - to symbolise her growing up. The love shape stones - that shows our love for her. 

She got 3As 2Bs for her UPSR. She didn't get 5As or 4As. But she has tried her very best. Her teachers have tried their very best. We as parents have tried our very best. Aliyah deserves a nice present. Don't you think so? We are so proud of Aliyah...

(My only regret is on FB today people were raving about kids getting 5As & 4As... Why can't we also be happy for those who get 3As, 2As, even 1As, or even no As for that matter.)
 Aliyah's results... I think she did well. Only 1 mark differentiates an A and a B. So, A and B are not that much different!
Aliyah getting her results from her class teacher.
Lepas mommy hug baru nak senyum... We love you and we are so proud of you...

Comments

Anonymous said…
congrats to your daughter..
you know what, most parents nowadays like to brag about their children's achievenments and the worst of all is over-rewarding. There's one parent in kelantan rewarding her daughter a mini cooper for getting 5As in UPSR. Can you believe that? What is 12 yrs old girl would be doing with a car...crazy huh
Aniza said…
Aliyah says "thank you" :). I guess the parents were too excited with their kids' achievements! I never believe in our education system's exam results. It just doesn't reflect the students's actual capabilities.
Yes, I did read about the girl who got a mini cooper. Wow, and here I am getting my daughter a silver charm bracelet!