Skip to main content

Belated Birthday Card

Aliyah finally made me a card yesterday. She's been wanting to make it but sometimes things like this need encouragement or a little nudge. She was a bit depressed because she hasn't bought me a birthday present, and top it with the feeling of being "responsible" to make a card while her parents are busy with work, it can stress a little girl out. I finally asked her if she wants to make one. She was so happy that I told her I want a card! So, while I took a little (deserving) nap, she was busy at work. Later, we went to have roti bakar at Old Town White Coffee - her favourite - before picking myself a tudung at her expense.

This is what some people don't get it in their heads - it's not about money. It's about spending some time with your loved ones to simply celebrate a special day. Just toast and coffee. Something that we don't usually have at the regular Hj Tapah nearby. Just a change of air. Just to talk. Just to laugh. And just for an hour. That's all. But at times, it's just too much to ask. In my case, it's not about me. It's about making a little girl happy celebrating my special day. I know I made her happy. Because she kept on kissing me before bed. That big smile and kiss just erased any worries away.

Her card is "3-tiered".
 Made from simple A4 paper...
 How can you not want such a card...
And you are the first one that I love the most too! (I think she meant I'm at the top of her list!)

Comments