Skip to main content

Road Not Taken

This road I'm taking is not the path that many people would dare to take. It's the road that most people would only dream to take. But dreams are made of candies and chocolates. Everything seems so sweet. The ugly truth is that it's a road full of obstacles and challenges. However, even as I always believe myself as being strong, at times there's only so much a person can endure. And as much as I believe I've been hardened by the years of experience, this little voice inside me is still that same person.

Another staff resigned this week. She has been with us for quite some time. Even though we parted in very good terms - she believes it's time she ventured back into full-time employment and that she knows she can come back to us if the arrangement doesn't work out - I still feel hurt. I guess I am the kind of person who always wants to give the best to people. And I thought that if only we are much more stable, I could have offered better benefits to her. Same goes with another ex-colleague who's been out of job, who has been asking me if I can offer her a job. I wish I can help. I really do. But I can't guarantee anything beyond 3 months.

However, surprisingly, things inside my head got cleared up quite fast and I'm putting down plans. Perhaps it's best for me to steer this ship to the right and go back one round - to where I started. That's where I'm putting my feet firmly on the ground. I'm starting a new journey, on the same path I've trodden before, but with lessons learned and experiences, I pray it will be a better adventure.

Comments