Skip to main content

One Peculiar Book :)

About 2-3 years ago, I received the book Travelog Dakwah by Prof Muhd Kamil from my brother. It was to be passed to my father actually, but I asked for permission to read it first - until I finish. Truthfully, I have not finished reading it. I always have it on my desk at the office. And I would read a few pages during lunch break. Then, after some time, I would go back to the earlier pages and read the book again. Then, after some time when the end is near, I would turn back to the earlier pages and start reading again.

You might ask why. I don't know...

It is one peculiar book because it kind of follow your life events. The "me" when I first started reading the book is not the same "me" as I am now. And the "me" who read the pages of the book today will not be the same "me" as I will be tomorrow. So, how I relate to the book at a specific point of time differ. How? Simply said, let's say I have yet to perform the Zohor solat, the reflection I got from reading the book is different from let's say I have performed the solat. Or... reading the book while being angry has a different experience from reading the book while being "redha".

Prof Muhd Kamil's blog has become my favourite reading: Kehidupan Ringkas Tapi Signifikan. There are a lot of "I wish..." reading his writing. Most importantly, reading his writing you notice one thing - he has such beautiful heart. And the heart doesn't lie. He said: "Hanya Allah yang boleh menentukan keikhlasan ini". At such times when I feel so down, when the ugly thought comes nagging and asking to rise and defend myself, when I am accused of being after something that I am not, I now take that advise - Allah sahaja yang tahu keikhlasan seseorang. And I feel better.

Comments