Skip to main content

Cycling Routine

My cycling routine is going quite well despite not being able to cycle to work for the past 2 weeks. Aliyah suddenly started her "mood swings". She doesn't want to stay with my Kak Lang after school, she wants to go to our office. So, we have to fetch her from school, meaning I have to drive to work while Hubby cycle. She has also been skipping school Mondays and Tuesdays - the days that she knows she has to stay with my sister - feigning sickness. Not very unusual actually. Aliyah has this "unknown reason for laziness" every year. So, we normally but just let her be. She will get over it sooner or later.

The first week we cycled, to and fro the office is about 8.8kms. It was so tiring we had to stop at 2 places. Now? We just came back from cycling around our usual route - the road heading Semenyih and back to my parents' place - about 10+kms and felt nothing :). The cycle up the hills is always tiring, and feels like breath is being knocked out of me, but after the hills are conquered, the tiredness goes away until another hill come by.

My longest route for one cycle so far last week - from our home to Nilai 3 - about 24.25kms. That was a good one. My thigh and calf were in pain for days. We need to "upgrade" our routes now - must cycle more than 20kms at one time :)

Comments