Skip to main content

Body Language

We attended a seminar today in Shah Alam. This "klinik usahawan pelancongan" organised by PKNS. Quite a good seminar. From simply facts to actual real life success stories. One thing I noticed was that I was not the only one feeling frustrated by the powers that be. One rep from Kementerian Pelancongan who presented all these beautiful data and statistics - of the billions made from tourism industry to the millions dispersed to assist entrepreneurs - got verbally bashed up real good. Those were from people who have been in the industry for years. I am only short of few months of being in "interested mode".

More on that later, if I have the mood to talk about such civil servants who "makan gaji dan hidup dalam kepompong masa" who had the cheek to present such useless statistics to an audience of seasoned entrepreneurs (well, minus yours truly as I am very new plus perhaps half of the people who attended). That Gomen guy should have done a little bit homework and used his little brains instead of showing people recycled slides which he prepared to show his bosses to make them happy.

Now, let's talk about body language. At the end of the seminar, we went to see the organiser - a guy named En Ariffin. A seasoned trainer. And an excellent one. I just wanted to give him my card and exchange some pleasantries before heading home. He looked at my card and then at Hubby's card and said to us, "My wife and I are into this business together too". I think I actually raised my eyebrows. He smiled and said, "I can read body language. I know people are husbands and wives from their body language. Itu yang bahayanya bercakap dengan I ni," he grinned widely. And he told us once he conducted a 2-day seminar on body language alone.

Oh wow...

Comments