Skip to main content

Trip to Sungai Besar - Old School

Next we visited Sek Rendah Seri Makmur where my father worked. A building was dedicated for the office of the EDO.
That used to be my father's office. This school is at Parit 1 and faces the sawah.
Imagine having this view of the sawah from your office window. The sawah has just started to be replanted. But when it turns green and then gold... what a sight.
Right after, we went to visit my old school - Sek Seri Utama. Nope, I didn't go to the school where my father worked. I can't remember why... But then, being the children of the EDO was not easy. My first day at the school was not so good. Naturally I was put at the first class (there were only 3 classes of Standard 6 compared to 14 classes at my previous school) but then without warning, I had to take 5 exam papers at one shot to ensure my seat in the first class, and in just a couple of hours. The teacher calculated immediately and surprisingly I got number 4 in the class - which surprised me as well because back in Sek Kg Tunku, I never ever got a single digit placement before! And because of my presence, the class placement had to reshuffled and the girl who got number 4 before was so pissed off.
Being the daughter of the EDO also meant that I couldn't make any mistakes. I was scolded quite bad when I turned up at school without my school badge (dunno how it fell off), and almost got my head knocked with a pen for not bringing an MC (after my eating-mangga-muda-and-got-stomachache episode). The teachers found this pride of having the chance to scold the EDO's kid. Thank God they didn't get the chance that often!

The journey continues...

Comments