Skip to main content

Starting a Fitness Program

It takes a favourite jeans to tell me I have gained weight. I always gain weight when I'm busy with work. Spending 3/4 of a day in front of my laptop is seriously not good. Topped with hearty lunch, then back at the desk again... very not healthy. My gym membership? Have not been to the gym for ages. That guy at the counter called me a couple of weeks ago wanting to tell me about their promotions. A nice way of telling me - "Mam, you've not been visiting us for months!".

I'm starting these baby steps to lose some weight. Ever since reading about how Enida fatted up and then lost it, I got so inspired. (You rock girl!) And how Yatt commented on my tummy last Saturday when I met up with her also gave me that needed knock on the head (tak sedar-sedar lagi?).

So, starting from Sunday, I started walking. (Though, I dunno where my pedometer is... have not seen it ever since we moved to the new house) First day: 10 minutes (gimme a break, baby steps I said!). Yesterday: 15 minutes. Brisk walk around my taman with Aliyah on her bike. Food wise - will try to reduce my consumption of rice. My last rice meal was Sunday morning.

This is a pact to myself to get healthy.

Comments