Skip to main content

Time Doesn't Seem Enough

The crazy thing about running your own business is - things are unpredictable. December was a very quiet month. We finished up all projects and spent the last month of the year planning for 2010, and me going up the levels in Cafe World. Things picked up on the last day of 2009 and since then suddenly work piled up. Alhamdulillah... we have work to do.

We went up to Kuantan yesterday for project kick-off meeting - day trip. Next week we'll start to be stationed there for a few days for URS sessions. Aliyah will stay with my second sister. In fact, she's now spending the night there. There's this reason about a kitten which got lost and her wanting to play with the rest of the kittens. And then about her not wanting to "disturb" us in our dinner meeting with a friend just now. Know what, I think she can be a good lawyer!

Back to work - I never take up financing for my company. From the very start, I pumped in my own money to start up and get things rolling. So far so good for the past 4 years. But then with more projects, I need to engage more people. Things are manageable until this month due to the quiet month where no projects come in and also collection problems. I was raking my brains on how to get some funds in to start this project to no avail and finally had to do what a daughter had to do - ask help from my father (through my sister!). My father readily offered to help out especially that my proposal was profit sharing (10%) and I so believe that my help to him many many years ago is being re-payed.

I thank God for such assistance. My prayer is always: ya Allah, permudahkanlah urusan - and help come in many many ways.

Comments