Skip to main content

Song: Laskar Pelangi

Sometimes you can be really down and you might think that the world is just so unfair. I have had that share of thoughts many, many times. At times I think if I can have a little bit of this, life would be easier. Just a little bit of that, and life would be great. And those are the times that I forget that I am actually so very blessed.

I was on my way to the office this morning, my head full of thoughts - car insurance and road tax already overdue... house installment also overdue... when will I get that payment from my client who is also my previous employer (tak reti-reti nak bayar la korang nih)... what will the arrangement like for Aliyah when she starts school come January... will I get projects next year with economic crisis already felt all over...

And then this song came out on the air. And then I actually felt much, much better. With Aliyah next to me giving me her cheeky smile and saying "Love you Mommy", life is actually good to me. I might not have everything I dream of, but I have those I love around me. And that's what matters...

Laskar Pelangi - Nidji
Mimpi adalah kunci
Untuk kita menaklukkan dunia
Berlarilah tanpa lelah
Sampai engkau meraihnya

Laskar pelangi takkan terikat waktu
Bebaskan mimpimu di angkasa
Warnai bintang di jiwa

Menarilah dan terus tertawa
Walau dunia tak seindah surga
Bersyukurlah pada yang kuasa
Cinta kita di dunia
Selamanya

Cinta kepada hidup
Memberikan senyuman abadi
Walau hidup kadang tak adil
Tapi cinta lengkapi kita

Laskar pelangi
Takkan terikat waktu
Jangan berhenti mewarnai
Jutaan mimpi di bumi

Comments