Skip to main content

It Was a Good Kuantan Trip

I just came back. Exhausted... But it was worth it and it was a very good trip.

We reached Kuantan around 4pm on Sunday and stayed at MS Garden Hotel. Aliyah was so excited seeing the nice bathtub and the huge pool. I, obviously, can't really enjoy any of those with the seminar in mind.

Now, the seminar turned out quite well. There were about 80+ participants from all over Pahang and I received quite good questions from them. It helped a lot that I see them thumb-size from the stage that my stage fright lasted only the first 5 minutes. It also helped a lot that they came in big number that the break times were quite long and I can stretch my legs. As usual I get surprised remarks - "Puan buat seminar ni seorang saja? Penat lah nanti?". "Err... saya dah biasa, lagipun topik ni my area of expertise"... Yeah, right! Since Linda came along, at least I didn't get the usual questions of "puan datang seorang saja?".

I got to know the seminar was an annual affair, so it was complete with formal majlis penutup. The Dato KSU was supposed to officiate the closing ceremony (akak pening... officiate closing ceremony?) but last minute was replaced by Dato Mohamad Ridzwan, the timbalan. Very nice and down to earth fellow. So, there I was on stage with the Dato and the Ketua Penolong Setiausaha ok. Macam selalu keluar dalam berita tu kan. Kuang, kuang, kuang... Akak korang ni dapat VIP treatment gitu, siap dapat cenderahati dari Dato lagi. Hehehe... All the while I was on stage I was thinking - how on earth did I end up sitting with this distinguished gentlemen? And I can see Linda grinning in the crowd.

Remember I was down a few days ago... My heart was lifted by the wonderful and warm people in Kuantan. And the way the MC and urus setia thanked my company - like we did so much to make the event successful, and the way the Dato acknowledged that my company is no stranger to SUK Pahang simply boosted my spirits. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

That evening to celebrate me completing the seminar, we had seafood at Tanjung Lumpur. Akak kalau bagi training memang tak lalu makan ok, so malam tu lapar gila belasah makan lala, ikan pari bakar, ikan siakap tiga rasa and sotong goreng tepung (semua plus size). The cooking was so-so, but the seafood was so fresh and succulent and cheap costed us only RM89 for 5-persons meal. Haiyoo... bestnya...

Wonderful trip. Even though it was not entirely holiday for me at least Aliyah had so much fun with her Abah. The change of air did wonders. And perhaps rezeki dekat sana, I got a call from PJ while I was by the pool that I got the project I've been lobbying. Alhamdulillah...

Comments