Skip to main content

Aliyah's Tortoises Died...

I know when we bought Aliyah the tortoises, there is very high tendency that the green creatures might die. Aliyah lost the first one about a month after we bought it. It's the one named Muza. But that little creature has not been so well I think. It didn't eat much and spent most of its time hiding under the bridge.

We then bought another one to accompany Stella. That one lasted like 2 weeks. It became blind a few days after we took it home. I at first thought Stella scratched its eyes.

Then last week Stella died. Aliyah was really sad. I noticed the tortoise stopped eating and knew the time won't be long. But it broke my heart when Aliyah asked: " Mommy, kenapa dia mati? Aliyah tak jaga dia elok ke? Aliyah nak ingatkan dapat jaga sampai dia besar". The next day on the way home she was so quiet. When I asked why she said she missed Stella very much.

I finally concluded it's because of the water. The lady at the first pet shop said to put 2 drops of anti-clorine into the water. But then hubby pulak instructed Aliyah to put 10 drops. That might be the cause. Kesian tortoises tu.

This afternoon, we bought Aliyah 2 more. Their names: Lyana and Alexa. This time around, no more using tap water and anti-clorine. Must use filtered water.
Lyana & Alexa. I don't know which ones.

Comments