Skip to main content

I Am Happy When She's Happy

It's amazing how a little girl with a big smile and a hearty laugh can turn my world upside down.

Yesterday was not a good day for me. After finding that something I was not supposed to see and read, I was kinda down. You know, a broken heart is difficult to mend. So, I did what a mother would do to cheer herself up - take her daughter out and make the girl happy.

We went to our usual place - Alamanda - checked out the movies and bought tickets to see Bolt. That's our second time watching it this week! Aliyah just love that story. And you should sit with her during the movie - she laughed so loud and sing along to that country song when the 3 friends were on the big trailer. Kinda embarrassing actually! We had lunch at Sushi King. She loves the food there, I only nibble on some tempura. Then a visit to Toys R Us at Parkson where she ogle over Barbie dolls.

After the movies, grocery shopping at Cold Storage with me buying her favourite stuff - mini Cornetto ice creams, harsh brown, crinckled fries... Throw in some ridiculous funny stories while she's sitting in the trolley, and I made her very happy. And she in return made me happy with those huge grins and loud laughs. I feel better.

Back home I had another talk with hubby. I can be crazy at times, but how can I not be... If the situation is reversed, I don't think I can be easily forgiven. That's the picture I was trying to paint to him. And I finally made him realise how severely hurt I was by all that has happened, by the things that bitch woman said, etc.. Now he is asking me to try to forgive him just a little bit a day, everyday. Because he will say he's sorry everyday. Oh, you should see that remorseful face. Melted my heart. I will do just that... A little bit, everyday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
well, actually my first time hearing to seek forgiveness bit by bit but atleast he is remorse. if you still love him, do that but don't forget to kick the bitch's oops woman's ass. God bless you for having a kind heart.
people used to say that children repay their parents when they have grown up but it seems aliyah has started earlier. God bless her too.
Aniza said…
because i cant forgive him entirely, so, lets see if bit by bit works :)
aliyah is just my pillar of strength. i confided in her and she gave me her shoulder for me to cry on. and she's just seven. and so strong. i pray Allah looks after her always.