Skip to main content

So-called Girls Outing

It's been such a long, long time since I went for a girls outing with my friends. Had a so-called one last Saturday - just that hubby and Aliyah tagged along. And we had such a good time. I must do it more often. All these talks and gossips and ideas and concerns... A girl needs her girlfriends no matter at what age.

Anyway, the outing was "attended" by girlfriends who are single - they are either not married, or divorced. I was the only one with hubby and kid along. It was a mixed feeling to me, I mean these girls are successful, professional women who make a lot of money and they have carefree lives. They hop over to each others' condo every other night and go out as they please - movies, shows, etc. Life seems to be pretty interesting compared to mine. And they can afford to be impromptu whereas I need to plan my time around my family needs. More about that later.

The outing started at 3pm with a meeting with Yatt. Yatt is Dextra's other director, so I see her a lot to get her to sign documents and cheques. She came with another friend Minn, they both just came out of the gym. (It's been years since I got myself inside a gym!). Then Minn left, and after chatting with Yatt, Aida called wanting to join. So we moved over to this Oldtown White Coffee place and waited for her. She came with another friend. Chat, chat, chat some more, Aryani joined. More chats, finally Tnec joined - another male species besides hubby. We spent hours and hours talking and catching up. It amazed me that they have so much energy. By 9pm, hubby and me are really tired and Aliyah has started to slow down as it's nearing her bedtime. But to my good friends, it's like the day has just started! That's the difference between married and single life kot!

When Yatt sent us back to our car, Aida and the rest are still at the car park talking, maybe planning their next stop. For my little family - it's straight back home for a good sleep.

About my mixed feelings - I was a bit jealous at first seeing them because I felt I'm missing so much. I didn't catch the latest movies or shows, I didn't go to their every other night gathering because I stay so far away, and I don't know more than half of their friends. I felt there is so much excitement in their lives compared to mine yang oh so boringnya. But then, looking at how my hubby blended in with them (well, he knows them too as we are mostly college friends), and looking at how the "aunties" fuss over my daughter, I'm actually very blessed. I have a husband who loves me very much, whom I love back so very much also, and we have a daughter who gets our undivided love. That compensated for all the excitement I've been missing. Hmm...

Anyway, it's good to go out like that once in a while. I should do it more often :) We had this great idea to start a business last weekend, never know what other crazy ideas will come to mind when we next meet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
like they say, you win some you lose some. maybe they are happy with everybody around but wait till they go back home to their empty rooms. it will sink deep down to their hearts that they are missing something. with married life, we do sometimes need a breather from the routine life. As Air Supply sang "lovers need a holiday" but not always lah. otherwise lain cerita pulak.
dcharmed said…
hehhe... kewl huh?! Yeahh you should do that a lot... to ease the tense at least... it is better when you can hang out with JUST girls… there’a more and more thing to dig into… and plus the gossip that might not interest the man to hear… hahaha
Aniza said…
Perhaps you are right... And a breather is what we all need once in a while. Like my ex-boss likes to say - the grass is always greener on the other side.

------------------------------------------------------------
Ya la Adda, next time girls only. Because that day nak gossip kena tunggu hubby go out for a smoke. Hehehe... But you know what, I think men always want to know what we girls talk about. We can talk about pretty interesting stuff!