Skip to main content

Makan-makan: UNIKEB UKM Bangi

I'm starting new category - Makan-makan. Once in a while you actually find a gem of an eating place. So, I nak share places yang foodnya sedap (ikut tekak I lah).

Today, Linda and I had lunch at this Restoran Kampung at UNIKEB, UKM Bangi. Their main attraction - ikan bakar with air asam, sos sambal and cili api with kicap. Memang sedap, macam-macam jenis ikan bakar sampai ikan talapia bakar pun ada. I tak pernah jumpa tempat lain, ikan lain tu banyak lah. I actually tak makan ikan tu, Linda yang suka. Other lauk yang sedap there are kerabu mangga (with lots of cili api slices) and kerabu perut. Yang lain lauk kampung biasa which are also very the sedap like ikan kering masak lemak cili api with nenas, ikan sembilang goreng garing cili, and many, many more. This place memang kena sangat dengan my tastebuds because I love cili api and the food here are like swimming in them.

Today I had rice with ikan sembilang goreng cili, kerabu mangga, terung goreng cili with a bit of kuah masak lemak cili api. Heaven. Topped with mango juice they just cost RM6.50. Linda had rice with this huge ikan talapia bakar and kerabu mangga with sirap bandung, also RM6.50.

If you don't feel like eating rice, there're always other menu like soto, mee sup, porridge and stuff. There is also this table full of "belanga" containing various kinds of desserts - pengat pisang, kuah durian, bubur pulut hitam, bubur kacang and some other dessert I don't know what. I ni bukan suka sangat yang manis-manis pun. Tu pun Linda juga yang kuat makan... She packed a bowl of pengat pisang. Quite nice macam home made.

The owner of the restaurant always play CDs of 70s songs. You know old stuff by Broery Marantika, Dahlan Zainudin, etc. Kadang-kadang dengar cool juga :)

If you want to try the place - it only opens weekdays from breakfast till tea time. It is also always full, so if you don't want to hang around waiting for an empty table while watching hungrily other people eat, do come early. We were there at 12.30pm and I had enough time to do my banking stuff before we finally got a table.

Comments