Skip to main content

Movie: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I just came home from watching Harry Potter 5 with Aliyah. We wanted to watch it last weekend but couldn't get the tickets. As usual, hubby said you two go ahead first lah, so Aliyah and I went to watch it after school.

Just like the previous Harry Potter movies - things are so, so rushed. Some scenes contain combination of 2-3 stories while some important stories were not there. As a result, we get a choppy movie. Of course I can't expect everything in the book to be there. Still it was good.

Professor Umbridge was excellent. I tried to imagine her while reading the book but couldn't get any character close enough. The irritating girlish giggles and her "hum, hum" were so good one can't help but to hate her. Luna Lovegood was good too. But I had imagined some one crazier than that with even crazier clothes.

One scene really had an impact on me - the scene when Bellatrix killed Sirius with the killing curse. I had imagined the arch and Sirius falling into it when reading the book, but the movie scene was simply excellent. The moment Sirius was struck - that 2 seconds of blank look on his face - that was incredible. One can feel the emotions - surprise and sadness and loss in just that 2 seconds.

Ron and Hermione - too much hints of a possible love relationship. Irritating.

There are scenes which I would have loved to be included. Like how Aunt Petunia understood what dementors are. That is an important part of the story - as JK Rowling said in book 7 there's more to Petunia than meets the eye. I also would have loved to see Sirius' mother's portrait screaming insults in her frame. And the St Mungo hospital was not shown where Mr Weasley was treated. Should be interesting to see how wizards and witches are being treated.

Aliyah enjoyed it. She laughed hard when the Weasley brothers cracked the fireworks. That was a good one, just that I had expected more crazy looking fireworks knowing how naughty George and Fred are.

Comments

dcharmed said…
Alah.... janganlah, I like Ron... and I am so hoping he can be together with Hermione... mueehehhehe