Skip to main content

One Can Do Anything When One's Desperate

Ok, the title is not what it seems. I'm just trying to illustrate how one can do almost anything imaginable or even unimaginable when one's in a really tight spot.

I'm gonna tell you a secret. I hate cockroaches. Actually I don't hate them, I'm scared of them. Especially the flying ones. Those are simply nasty. They are big, they fly with no direction and most of the time towards you. It's phobia and I really hate it when people make fun of me when they know I'm afraid of the little pests. Because it's no joke. Once I was at my mother's place having just came home from the hospital after giving birth to Aliyah when a huge cockroach flew right to me. I saw it from a far but I couldn't move much and even after moving it was coming directly at me (why oh why they always do that?). At the last moment I just jumped and ran. And because of that my tummy hurt. Nasib baik tak bentan.

Good thing hubby is so very understanding. I will call out if I saw one and he would drop everything he's doing and come to the rescue. I think that incident made him realized that my phobia is no joke.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand, my little family was watching (for the hundredth time) the Lord of the Rings DVD a few nights ago when a little cockroach incident happened. Did I mention Aliyah has been watching LOTR ever since she was 2 years old? So, Aliyah was sitting on my lap (bermanja-manja with Mommy) and hubby next to me when I saw a small cockroach coming up the sofa on his leg. I pointed to hubby and the next thing I know I've jumped to the other sofa. Hubby quickly killed the horrible pest. Then I heard a giggle. I looked down and Aliyah was still on my lap. She looked up and giggled some more. I asked her, "Aik? Macam mana Aliyah ada kat sini dengan Mommy?" She laughed and said she doesn't know. Apparently, when I jumped to the next sofa, I actually carried her with me. With all her heavy weight and lightning speed, it was a pretty outstanding achievement. And my daughter found the experience so amusing.

Hubby said to Aliyah, Mommy was so afraid of the cockroach that Mommy became so strong. Ok, bad story. But my point is, one can do wonders (sometimes) when one's desperate.

Comments

Anonymous said…
he he he your superwoman story really cheered me this morning. can't imagine where the power comes from. another cicakman (cockroachwoman) in the making?
Aniza said…
Yes, I must sit down and sketch my superhero outfit. Next, saving my fellow cockroach-phobics.