Skip to main content

We Are Finally Back From Berkampung in KL

We just finished a 4-day workshop in KL. That means 4 days of driving to KL through the traffic madness. But God bless the Smart Tunnel, a 3km shortcut through Jalan Tun Razak. So, instead of the usual 1.5 hours I normally take from Bangi to Jln Ampang, it's now only about 45 minutes, or at most 1 hour at bad hours.

At least it's a relief, although I'm always amazed on how our roads are being planned and constructed. Seriously amazed. For those who have tried the Smart Tunnel would know that if you are coming back from KL towards Seremban, there are 4 lanes passing through the toll plaza. You will then have a brief 2-3 seconds of glory looking at your left side of the road - at the other non-users of Smart Tunnel snailing bumper to bumper. Boleh lah eksyen kejap. Amazingly, right after the toll plaza, the 4 lanes miraculously converged into 1 lane. Then you will feel like a fool having to fight your way into that 1 lane. Pandai sungguh orang yang design jalanraya kat Malaysia ni. When they started collecting toll in a few weeks time, maybe the tunnel will have less cars. But then, the situation will be more or less the same and the toll payers will complain and curse, having to fork out so much and still stuck in the jam at the end of the tunnel.

I wonder if all those mishaps in Government buildings are the result of the rakyat's curses. Ceiling runtuh la, water pipe burst la, nasib baik tak ada casualties. OK, that's obviously the result of shoddy work, poor maintenance and project award to cronies, but then image - if the Government are being cursed by thousands of rakyat in a day (contohnya I yang jarang2 curse ni berkepok2 lah dosa mengeluarkan perkataan2 yang tidak bagus didengar when I was trying to squeeze my car into that stupid 1 lane), Gomen mana yang tak runtuh. So, tolong lah improve services. Gaji dah naik ni.

Anyway, the workshop was great, one of the best so far. We had Johor participants and a few other agencies coming back to our trainings. I just love those who come back. It means they have trust in us. Did I mention I was featured in Tech & U last Monday? Hehehe... Our Web 2.0 seminar was covered and I was featured in another article. Good exposure, thanks Cik Mat and Izwan! Oh my God, I look so fat. I must get back to a gym and shed some weight!

Comments

Anonymous said…
ur pic being published? u look fat? why not paste the photo and we be the judge.