Skip to main content

Happy Mothers Day

My warmest wish to all mothers out there - Happy Mothers Day. I've not been very nice to my mother lately, I'm ashamed of it. Today I fetched Aliyah from school and spent the day working from home. My mother was so worried why I fetched her. She thought Aliyah merajuk. I said I just feel like fetching her and staying home instead of going to office. She then asked Azah to call me to ask again and still she's not satisfied. My mother can be so irritating at times.

I've been avoiding her lately. I'll come over to her place, sit and read the newspaper and then take Aliyah home. I just don't feel like talking to her. I know it's not a nice thing to do. But I'd rather hold my tongue than say something that might hurt her which I will regret later. Lately she's been difficult but she stopped short of complaining to me because she knows where I stand. But she's conveying it clearly through her face. And I'm ignoring it.

Anyway, I saw Noel a couple of weeks ago. Very nice movie. You should watch it, especially the scenes of Susan Sarandon with her mother. It made me realise how lucky I am that my mother still recognises me and can talk to me.

Ok, I'm feeling really guilty now. I'm thinking of taking her out for lunch tomorrow. And spend time listening to her, while keeping my anger at bay, if I do get angry. And wish her Happy Mothers Day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was beside my wife thruout her labor ~ from 3 am to 11 am. When the doctor handed the baby to me to perform qamat... I burst into tears! At that instance, I remembered my mother, all her hardship and how impatient I can be over trivial things.

I did not manage to spend quality time with my father (too busy turning-around near bankrupt company!). One of my biggest regret in life. Al-Fatihah.

But I am doing my best to make my mother feel remembered, needed and respected. Everything.... yes mak, ok mak, if you say so mak. And I call her nearly every day just to chat about anything.

Bila mak/bapak dah takde, pergi melawat kubur hari2 pun dah takde maknanya lagi. Enjoy their love sementara mereka masih ada.

And happy mother's day to you.

have a great weekend,
wassalam :)
dcharmed said…
Happy mother's day kak aniza! Be a kewl mom! :P
Aniza said…
Thanks for the peringatan... Really appreciate it. I didn't take my Mom out for lunch yesterday. She said she had stomachache, she didn't want to go out. I bought her chicken rice and we had lunch together at her place instead. She doesn't eat much these days and seeing her eat just a few spoonfuls breaks my heart.

Thank you Adda :) I used to try very very hard to be a good Mom that I don't even know whether I was doing a good job or not. Now that Aliyah has grown a bit, I'm just taking one day at a time. One thing she's really lucky is that I don't nag. Hehe...