Skip to main content

Tiny Shoulder For Me To Cry On

I never thought that one day I would cry on the shoulders of my little girl. Literally. And for such tiny shoulders, it was the most comforting feeling I've ever experienced.

Things happened. I was so stressed out, miserable and sad. Sarah looked confused. I felt guilty she had to witness it all. I called her to me and tried to explain. I didn't know where to start. She simply looked at me, smiled and cocked her head to one side. She looked so cute. She tried to cheer me up.

Then the fort I've been holding just went crashing down. I cried, told her about what happened and how could her Abah did that to me. She then came close and hugged me. Her hands were in my hair and she pulled me close to her chest. I cried like crazy and then only realised that I was literally crying on her shoulders.

She didn't say much. She let me talk. When I looked at her face I saw that she had tears in her eyes, but she's not crying. She smiled as if trying to say that things are going to be OK. She was strong for her Mommy.

The next day I still felt miserable. My head ached from the blow. My hands were still shaking. I wanted her to be with me, to comfort me. I felt like if she left my sight, I might lose control. So, I told her to cut school and stay with Mommy. She cheerfully agreed. I took her to the office, along with the extra notebook so that she can play games. She was with me the whole day and just looking at her healed up all this heartache I was feeling.

Comments