Skip to main content

It Was My Birthday Last Wednesday

A year older and hopefully wiser.

My birthday was on Wednesday but it doesn't feel like a birthday at all. That day was the 2nd day of Dextra workshop on enhancing website. We have 13 participants and I wanted to spend the day networking. Like the day before, we sent Sarah to my mother's place - in her pyjamas, then off to KL with hubby. For 3 days this week my father sent Sarah to school as I have to get to KL before 8.30am. Poor Sarah, I didn't even get to dress her up for her school photo shoot.

The crowd at the workshop was good. We even have a few outstation participants. They looked like they enjoyed themselves and learned a lot! Met an old acquaintance, made some new friends, everybody looked comfortable and at ease. I updated company accounts and guess what - Dextra made RM14K this month on trainings only. What an achievement for a 2-person company! For the first-time in a few months I felt so relieved. This month has been productive so far. With 2 trainings, 1 presentation to a bank, and a few proposals on the way, I can now see some glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel. Thank Allah. Alhamdulillah...

Anyway, in between fascilitating the group, well-wishes text messages came through the phone. I don't know, maybe birthdays have lost their magic touch. It was simply a smile and a TQ reply and then back to work. How I miss that child excitement of celebrating a birthday.

Comments

dcharmed said…
happy belated birthday kak aniza! :)
Anonymous said…
Happy birthday..