Skip to main content

Another Book: Norweign Woods

Confirmed. Haruki Murakami is the greatest living novelist in the whole wide world. I'm now re-reading Norweign Woods. Now half-way through. And I still marvel at the beautiful words he uses to describe things, at the simple yet thought-provoking technique he uses to tell his story and more importantly, how at peace one feels when reading his books.

The book is considered by many as his autobiography. Perhaps. But what makes it interesting is the way his story hits you at your heart. How similar your thoughts and feelings can be like he is actually telling a story about you. Once he talks about dusk - how dusk is the time that he feels the most lonely. I feel that too. When the sun is setting, you know Maghrib is approaching, the day is ending and night is falling - that is the time I hated most. I often spend such time at home, sitting on the plastic stool on the porch of my house and reflecting. About a lot of things... And that is the time that I feel really, really lonely, it simply grabs at the heart and guts.

Haruki Murakami writes about things you can relate to. At times you might think you are insane, but then everybody else in this world is just as insane. So, you know then that insanity is actually normal :)

I wish I can write like him - in spiral of thoughts that readers are willing to follow.

Comments