Skip to main content

To Have or Not to Have Another Baby

I was watching In the Womb on National Geographics last weekend with Sarah when I asked her whether she would like an "adik". All the while her answer was always a big NO. In a way I always feel quite relieved because I can always put the "blame" on her. (Hey, it's Sarah who doesn't want an adik, ok?). Anyway, this time around she paused for a few moments and then asked me back - "Mummy, kalau ada adik maknanya mummy mengandung ya?". What? Mengandung?. "Ya la," I said. (Who taught her the word "mengandung" ni?). Then she said - "Tak nak lah!". I was amazed with her knowledge actually. Must be her observation on my sister-in-law who gave birth late last year.

Back to that documentary, it brought back the memories of my pregnancy. From the size of a pin-head to a 3.4kg baby... truly a miracle. I'm having splitting thoughts on having another child - yes, it would be good to have another one, then at least Sarah will have a sibling instead of always being alone (and she can actually become a big sister instead of pretending with some imaginary little sister). On the negative side, I really hate being pregnant. My previous pregancies were really killers - literarily. I couldn't eat, watch TV, read... it was puking the whole day through with headaches and migrains. Then the smells... no cooking, no perfume, no body adour... hubby will straight away take a bath after coming back from work - he would poke his head in and grab a towel. I can't stand another 9 months of hell. Of course it's all worth it after Sarah was born, but another one...? I really don't know.

Comments