Skip to main content

Scrapbooking

I have been doing research on scrapbooking lately. There's this idea swirling in my head. Later on that. Scrapbooking was quite popular during my teenage years. Those end-of-the-year books that we used to pass around for friends to fill up can actually be considered as scrapbooks. Even though we call them a different name then. I remember mine, especially the one that I had at the end of Form 5, was big and thick, full of quotes, memories, stickers, pictures and what-nots.

If you watch The English Patient, that Herodotus book that Almasy carries around, can be called a scrapbook. I love how he handles the book. With notes written on the pages, pieces of papers glued into it, and those lovely paintings by Katharine...

Just yesterday, I remembered that I used to make a recipe book for Aliyah. It was when she was in primary school. I stopped at one point and I never did continue. Since I'm in research mode and I need to test scrapbooking, I dug it from the bookshelves downstairs and continued where I left.
 The recipes I collected for Aliyah years ago :)
 I copied one recipe that Aliyah wrote because I kind of ruined it. We watched one episode of Jamie Oliver Christmas special years ago where he made pancakes with his kids. This is one fail proof recipe.
Rustic page using Parkson paperbag which I crumpled. Very simple pages I'm doing. Still trying to get a hang of things. Bukan apa, tangan dah keras. Handwriting lagi lah!

Comments