Skip to main content

Result Day

Finally, the D-day. Very rare to face such an important day without Hubbs around. But then, I was very contented. I have done my part as a mother, and for the past 7 months as a "single parent". Rasanya dah habis baik dah. And I believe Aliyah has also done her part. So, whatever results she receives will reflect the efforts she has put in. Sebelum pergi ambik results, spray perfume yang Hubbs bagi cari semangat :).

Her results? A mixed feeling. She got 2As. Only. She improved tremendously on her Maths. Science? I read memang ramai yang tak score. Just that I was quite disappointed that she could've gotten good results for BM and English but just got average. Also, Sejarah and Geografi yang buat project work tu I think patut score A terus. But she didn't. She got B. Actually, I have a feeling she won't be getting A for those subjects sebab masa dia buat project paper tu dia buat perangai sikit. She refused to let me check on her work. Bila tanya, semua OK. She promised to show me the draft before submitting, but when the time comes, she said the paper has been submitted. Geram jugak. See... that's what happens when you buat perangai with your Mommy.

She was disappointed for sure. That's the price she has to pay lah kan. Her close friends got quite good results. Very happy for them. Every time bila doa untuk Aliyah, I doakan untuk dia orang sekali :). Anyway, it's not the end of the world. Her results are still OK. In 2 years' time SPM pulak. Itu memang dah tak boleh main-main. She picked Pakej B - elective subjects Prinsip Akaun, Perdagangan and Add Maths. I pulak would prefer she take Arts. I really believe Arts has good future. Tapi dia tak minat pulak.

Walaupun tak dapat A berderet-deret macam anak orang lain, I took her out to IOI City Mall for a treat, nonetheless. She deserves it, for all the efforts she has put in. Sebenarnya anak comel I ni satu je masalah dia - tak boleh under pressure. Dari kecik memang macam tu. Bila under pressure dia jadi huru-hara, walaupun dia tak tunjuk. Memang tak boleh kerja dengan company suratkhabar lah anak aku ni!
 Dave's Deli saja. She owes me a present for not getting A for her English. As a compensation to her mother who was once an English teacher.
Surau tingkat bawah ni hanya orang yang kerja situ dan orang yang regular sahaja yang tau. Jangan susah-susah bersesak di surau tingkat atas tu. Turun escalator kat tepi Subway ke P3. Insyaallah banyak kosong :). Ambik gambar kat cermin ala-ala Kardashians. Hehehe... Lagi satu, jangan kecam OK. Aliyah was putting on lip gloss saja. Bukan lipstick pun!

Comments