Skip to main content

Our Day

Our day started early. We reached Masjid Besi at 12.30pm. The space where we booked was used for another event - lunch place for peserta Kursus Haji. So, we had to wait. Other than some glitches with the caterer, which Linda obviously was good at handling (hahaha!), other preparations went well. Even the "interaction" between the iPad and our Smart TV went quite well. Last night when Hubby tested, connection was not very stable.

We started at 3pm, 30 minutes delay but finished just as planned. It was planned to be very short, sweet and simple. Hubby was the MC with Ijjul as cameraman. I had to give a speech. At first I thought of ways not to have to do it but then I am the head after all. When I wrote the speech, it covered all that I wanted to say. I bravely wrote taking a moment to recite Al Fatihah to the two people who were "supposed" to attend but have left us. But when I read my father's name, my voice just broke. I felt my breath came short. I thought of how proud I would make him if he were among the guests. I can imagine showing him the book and how AR works. He would be fascinated with such things. At that moment, all I wanted to do was to squat down on the floor and cry.

Good thing that part was the end of the speech. I smiled weakly and went to the back. Linda's eyes were red. I don't know if it's from my speech or she just happen to have one of her allergy reaction. Anyway, alhamdulillah we made it. Now, we need to do that tiny weeny correction for the books and I want to send them off to Ustaz Faris to help sell. He really is good at selling apparently. While we were waiting for guests to come, someone who recognised him came over and bought 4 books!
Hubby as MC...
 Ustaz launching the book...
This guy is a natural lah...
Baca speech, bukan deliver speech...
Makcik-makcik gembira kat belakang...

Comments