Skip to main content

Will Get Paid After All... Alhamdulillah...

Ok, this will be my last post on that killing job!

I don't usually answer calls from numbers I don't know. More often than not, the calls are from banks asking me to pay up. If I see unknown numbers on my phone, I would usually ignore. If the person calling really need to speak to me, he or she can always leave a voice mail or send a text message instead or even email. And I will definitely return the call.

This morning this unknown number came on and after thinking a few seconds, I decided to answer. Guess what - it's the director (the boss of the team I worked with) from that organisation of that killing job. Apparently he just came back from overseas and just got to know I quit! He asked why, I briefly told him why. I firmly said that it's better for the team to do the report themselves especially that all those intrinsic knowledge is in their heads. He then said that he didn't feel comfortable me not wanting any payment for the work done. I thought - it's either I was the only person ever to bail out from a project, or that I was the only person who didn't want any payment. After a discussion with his boss, he said, they very much would like to pay and that I please consider.

Please consider? Hmm... if you people insists! Alhamdulillah... I'm thinking, perhaps half the amount would justify the work and time spent.

Comments