Skip to main content

I Really Am Not Good At This

I guess after my traumatic experience doing that writing job, another writing job made me jittery. It was actually a short piece and I was so confident I could do it real good. But after being stuck doing it for 3 days, I told myself - who am I kidding? I actually cannot write. I submitted an awful piece knowing I will get a handful of comments. And I did. The scanned piece was full of scribbles. I don't know. I guess I just lost it. (Yea, yea, blame it on that killing job).

It took me one whole day of "mourning" before I could figure out what I should do. I felt so bad. And so stupid. I eventually got back to my senses and told myself that - admit that you can't do it (because you will do an even more awful job) and engage someone good instead. So I scouted. With the PRU13 just around the corner, I know I couldn't get that friend at the news desk to do. Another good friend had to pass. Finally got an ex-colleague to do. (Thank you so much!). Alhamdulillah...

Anyway, now that's taken care of, I need to focus on other stuff. We had a presentation last Tuesday at this hotel chain HQ. It was OK. I believe we have one foot in. I pray we get it. If we do, it will be the biggest project we ever got. Errr... only that it will be shared, but still... There'll be another opportunity tomorrow. Also pray for positive outcome.

Comments